BrightKidz is a social enterprise promoting walk to school schemes and high visibility clothing for children.
Our Overall Aim
To promote sustainable transport, road safety and active lifestyles for children.
- To change hearts and minds with positive actions to make people want to walk or cycle to school.
We Are Doing This By...
- Making attractive, affordable high visibility products available for children.
- Providing information about walk-to-school schemes through our websites and publications.
- Raising the profile in the media of walking to school and the importance of children being visible near traffic.
- Providing solutions to the problems sometimes associated with Walking Bus schemes.
- Designing and supplying resources to promote walking and cycling for all.
- Working with other organisations who share our interests and helping to promote their services.
- Working with schools, parents, local authorities, the press and industry to help get more walk to school schemes started and promote child conspicuity.
As a social enterprise and workers' co-operative we want to help others understand that business doesn't have to just be about financial profit - money is important but we don't all want to be dragons!