Happy Birthday Modeshift!
Guest Post from Modeshift by Ross Butcher, Modeshift Chair
Happy Birthday Modeshift
This year Modeshift is celebrating 15 years of helping our members to support people to travel actively, safely and responsibly.
From our humble beginnings mainly working with a small group of local authorities we have grown into a national organisation supporting a large group of local authorities as well as universities, hospitals and businesses. And whilst Modeshift continues to be a members organisation which shares and promotes best practise, our sister organisations STARS and STARSFor continues to practically support schools, organisations and businesses to develop and maintain a travel plan that supports active, safe and responsible travel.
In 15 years we have seen more people walking and cycling, whilst car use is generally declining but there is still a long way to go and much work to do in particular to meet the cycling levels of some of our European neighbours.
So looking to the future, our annual convention is themed around ‘The future of sustainable travel’. At the event you can find out about innovative ways our members are encouraging active, safe and responsible travel up and down the country. You will also meet our partners, which includes Brightkidz, and have the opportunity to find out more about how they can support you to increase sustainable travel. The convention will be held at Sheffield City Hall on 9th and 10th November. Visit www.modeshift.org.uk/convention to find out more.
If you like what you have read and would like to find out more about joining Modeshift, contact us at email@example.com
We hope to see you at our annual convention or one of our Regional events in November.
With thanks to Modeshift for this guest blog, hosted by Brightkidz.
Images: Modeshift management team, Modeshift logo, Modeshift conference awards ceremony (Lance from Brightkidz presenting Best Sustainable Travel Initiative to Transport for London for 'Walk your way to a happier life' project.), Modeshift North East regional meeting with Brightkidz 'Brighten your bag workshop'. All images credit Modeshift except workshop images credit Brightkidz.
- Brightkidz is a not-for-profit social enterprise promoting walking, cycling and road safety initiatives.
- We provide information for ‘parent champions’ and teachers on walk to school schemes and are funded by income from sales of our range of high vis and walk to school promotional products.
- We also work with school travel and road safety professionals across the UK to promote and share successful school travel initiatives.
- As a social enterprise we are keen to share relevant resources and information with our readers. However by sharing information about other organisations we are not necessarily endorsing them and we are not liable for the contents of any external internet sites.
- Please share your ideas and comments with us too so we can all help inspire others...Thank you.