‘Girls and boys come out to play…the moon does shine as bright as day’.
Well, it’s not shining that bright! So they could do with some help.
Whilst we want our children to get out and about more and have active healthy lifestyles, we also want them to be seen by drivers, especially at night or in poor light conditions; not just for road safety but to help leaders keep the group together too.
Here are a few ways to help teach children about being bright.
- Why be Bright? – what is high vis, who uses it and what are the choices for children?
- More Reasons to be Bright – Being bright and seen isn’t just about road safety. It can have many benefits in many different ways.
- How Does High Vis Work? – the difference between fluorescent and reflective materials, try our Bright Quiz.
- Encouraging Children to be Bright – how to get them interested in being safe and seen.
- Bright Activity Ideas – Practical ideas for the classroom or home’; A Rabbit’s Tale, Bright bags, high vis tags and a dark box experiment.