How Brightkidz Can Help… Local Authorities
We’ve many years experience working with councils, police authorities, health authorities, fire and rescue, community safety teams and casualty reduction partnerships supporting active travel and road safety campaigns. And we’d love to help you with your campaigns too!
Find out about our great products for local authorities, quick quote request, easy ordering and make use of our excellent service. Check out our initiatives information to help you to help the schools or organisations you work with. See examples of our pioneering projects and opportunities for your local authority to collaborate with us too.
Products to Help You
- Running a campaign? Get your message across with custom printed products featuring your logo and your message – choose from our eye-catching range of printable practical incentives such as reflective clip-ons, neck warmers and snapbands.
- Short of time to get your logo printed? For last-minute event requirements see our ready-printed, off-the-shelf range of resources such as active travel themed zip clips and ‘be bright’ clip on reflective stars.
- Organising cycle or scooter training or events? Our range of cycle products help promote cycling and keep cyclists bright; our high vis waistcoats will help you and drivers nearby to see your trainees. Our active travel rewards packs, scoot packs and cycle packs are a great mix of reward goodies.
- Supporting JRSOs or JTAs? The Junior Road Safety Officer scheme and Junior Travel Ambassador initiative are both great ways for pupils to promote safe, active travel to their peers. Many of our resources can be used to support and promote these schemes. Custom printed high vis drawstring bags and waistcoats are a popular choice here.
- Promoting walking to school? We’ve a unique range of packs to support walk to school initiatives such as Park and Stride and the Walking Bus.
- Low on budget? We have some really low cost, ready printed options to give a boost to your active travel and road safety campaigns; bright pencils and road safety stickers are always popular. For longer term cost-savings, our Reflector Shop Starter Packs are a great way to encourage parents to put their hands in their pockets and pay to keep their children bright.
- Brand My Thingy If you are looking for general custom printed promo products such as mugs, lanyards, pens etc for any campaign (not just active travel/road safety related products), check out our Brand My Thingy range. It’s still linked to active travel – 100%of profits are ploughed back into our active travel and road safety resources.
- Easy quotes, easy ordering You can either find prices on our website including bulk discounts or contact us to request a quote. To order either send us your purchase order, get in touch or order online (local authorities can register to buy online and be invoiced).
- What’s popular with local authorities? See a selection of local authority favourites.
All-Round Value to Help You
- Ordering large quantities? Most of our products have discounts for larger quantities (10+, 100+); these are shown clearly by each product description. If you are looking for 500+ prices and they are not shown, please ask.
- Quick quote request? Let us know if you would like us to email you a formal quote for your campaign.
- Need to order? We can invoice your authority with 30 days credit (as long as a purchase order has been received, UK only) or take payment with order. See our FAQs for more information.
- Good to know: We give good social value too; Brightkidz is a social enterprise with all profits ploughed back to cover costs and help us improve the resources and information we provide.
Information to Help You
- Need creative activities for road safety education? See our Bright Activity Ideas with fun ways to teach children about being bright and seen; some science behind high vis, how to use it well and what the limitations are.
- Keen to promote walking to school? Encourage schools you work with to take part in a walk to school campaign or initiative, see our Walk to School information on how to start a walking bus, park and stride or other travel-related scheme… as well as how they can get publicity.
- Involved in cycle or scooter training? See our Cycle or Scoot section on training, bike maintenance, helmet safety and what to do with your bike when you no longer need it!
- Need inspiration for your events? Keep up to date with awareness days and walk/cycle/scoot/road safety initiatives with our blog and newsletter.
- Not just for kids! Our speciality is children but did you know we support active travel and road safety campaigns for EVERYONE. See our Brightwayz info to support active travel and road safety campaigns for adults.
Projects and Collaborations to Help You
- ST:EPS Project – ‘Safe Travel: Enabling Pupils and Schools’. This is our flagship project which is currently being piloted in our local area of Kettering, Northamptonshire with the potential to expand further afield. The aim of all ST:EPS projects is to work in partnership with local authorities to link schools to existing resources, develop new resources and draw in funding and engagement from businesses to promote safe, active travel. Read more here.
- Brightwayz ST:EPS We have extended the ST:EPS project to three of our local secondary schools as a pilot. based on our original Brightkidz ST:EPS concept. The scheme has been adapted for secondary schools and is therefore strongly pupil-led with additional resources such as workshops and signposting to young driver resources. This project is thanks to funding from the Northamptonshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner’s Road Safety Fund.
- Youth for Brake in Warwickshire. We are currently supporting Brake road safety charity’s Youth for Brake project by delivering the project to selected Warwickshire secondary schools. This is thanks to the Warwickshire Police and Crime Commissioner’s Road Safety Fund.
- Air Quality workshops. We collaborated with MP Smarter Travel to help deliver the ‘active travel promotion’ element of an Air Quality workshop in Lewisham, London. Read more here.
- Previous project examples. In past years we have been funded to deliver projects such as our Be Bright Northants project with creative workshops around the theme of being bright and seen and Healthy Schools workshops in Hackney, London.
- Working with School Travel Professionals. Brightkidz is an active partner of Modeshift, the school travel professionals’ national organisation. We regularly deliver workshops and presentations at regional and national meetings. Alison Holland, Brightkidz Projects and Partnerships director was awarded ‘Individual Contribution to Sustainable Travel’ award at the Modeshift national conference 2018.
- Future Collaborations. We have some plans in the pipeline and look forward to working on more projects with local authority partners across the UK (and maybe beyond) – please get in touch if you would like to discuss this further.