Combine two ways of going green – cycling and a vibrant display of plants with this secure cycle storage facility which doubles as a planter. An attractive addition to your workplace entrance or outdoor cafe space or even your own front garden.
- Solid planter to lock your bike to.
- Each planter cycle rack accommodates 2 bicycles.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK.
- Size: length 90cm, width 40cm, height 52cm.
- Planter top edge 40cm high.
- Weighs 75+kg/165lbs when full. (heavier still when wet – after rainfall/watering). Can be permanently fixed to the ground using fixing holes in base.
- Steel planter and 19mm solid boron steel round bar, case hardened and tempered, to achieve robustness beyond nearly all commercially available bicycle locks.
- Finished with active anti-corrosion coating and polyester powder top-coat.
- Standard colour is green. Also available in red – please let us know in ‘custom notes’ box.
- Custom branding/your logo can be added to front panel for additional cost – please contact us for details.
Securing Your Cycle in the Planter Cycle Rack
- The planter cycle rack uses its sheer weight (when filled) and super-toughened locking bars to secure bicycles.
- Cyclists use their own locks to secure their bicycle to it. The position of the locking bars encourages the safest locking practice of securing both wheels and frame (as recommended by Design Against Crime research).
- Best practice advice: Place your planter cycle racks in well lit areas, that are ideally overlooked by building occupants or passers-by. Avoid blindspots, and areas obscured by trees or hedges.
- Encourage the use of quality bicycle locks, preferably 2 of different types. Bicycle frame and both wheels should be secured to the locking bars for best security.
- Although generally not bolted down, this planter cycle rack can easily be fixed to the ground without the need for digging or concrete.
- As an ‘Immovable Object’, your bicycles can be covered by some bicycle and home insurance.
- Delivery to UK (excluding Highlands, islands and Northern Ireland) is included in price.
- Please contact us for cost of delivery to other parts of UK.
- Allow 5 working days for delivery but please let us know when ordering if required sooner.