Examples of Events to Promote Walking, Cycling and Road Safety
- The Big Pedal: the UK’s largest inter-school cycling and scooting challenge takes place in late spring (Sustrans). The 2018 dates are 23 April to 4 May.
- UK Spring Walk to School week: Challenge your school to walk every day. (Living Streets).
- Be Bright Day: A dress-down day with a difference! Ideal after the clocks go back in autumn or as part of Road Safety Week. (Brake)
- Your own school event such as this ‘Snowman Stride’ idea from America a few years ago.
- … and many more which may be inspired by others or may be completely your own idea!