WOWWOW stands for Walk on Wednesdays
and is a way to encourage pupils and parents who usually come by car to regularly walk once a week.
- Getting people to break their drive-to-school habit can be easier if you can persuade them to walk just once a week, rather then trying to persuade them to walk every day.
- Hopefully this will give them the chance to feel the benefits of walking so they are then encouraged to walk every day.
- Living Streets charity runs the national Walk to School campaign and have been developing and promoting this scheme.
- If Wednesdays aren't suitable for your school, try another day for 'Walk Once a Week' or try a 'Footsteps Friday'.
- Reward participants with stickers - our shiny feet stickers are ideal!