Wondering what to do this weekend? Why not get on your bike? Tomorrow is the start of UK Bike Week (10-18 June), an annual opportunity to promote cycling and show how cycling can easily be part of everyday life.
We love sharing cycling promotion resources with you, so to mark Bike Week here’s a guest article from Broxap cycle shelter suppliers with cycle safety tips and details about their prize draw competition to win a bike shelter for your school. Closing date is Monday 19 June – good luck! Now over to Broxap…
The Big Broxap #Cycle2School Giveaway
At Broxap we understand that the best way to encourage cycling in the long-term is by promoting the benefits of cycling to the younger generation, so this is why we’re announcing our #Cycle2School giveaway competition, and it’s OPEN NOW (until 19 June 2017)!
How to enter
- Visit the competition page.
- Read the terms and conditions before you enter.
- Complete the entry form, with your name, e-mail and school name, submit and then you’re in!
- Once you’ve entered, get sharing your school scooting and cycling adventures on social media, but remember to include #Cycle2School on all your tweets or posts
In it to win in!
- After you’ve entered your primary school, you’ll be in with the chance of winning a Broxap Sofco Junior Cycle/Scooter Shelter, worth over £1000!
- The shelter comes with enough space to securely park six cycles and three scooters – giving your pupils all the more reason to start cycling into school knowing their bike will be safe and secure all day.
Stay Safe Out there: Top 5 Tips for Cycling/Scooting to School Safely
It’s important to everyone at Broxap that partakers stay safe while cycling and scooting to school, here’s how you can:
- Wear a Helmet – check that your helmet fits properly
- Be Safe, Be Seen – make sure you are visible by wearing hi-vis or fluorescent clothing or bands
- Be Careful Where You Ride – always avoid cycling in areas where common falls occur
- Hand Signals – Signals help motorists know where you are going
- General Rules of the Road – Follow the rules of the road, do not carry a passenger and keep both hands on the handlebars
- The competition closes on the 19th June 2017 – don’t leave it too late!
- Any enquiries concerning the competition should be sent to: email@example.com
- For a more comprehensive guide to cycling/scooting safety, then download our pdf guide.