Durham Schools Walking Bubble #StaySafeGetActive Resources
If you represent a primary or secondary school based in Durham and would like to take part in the Modeshift Walking Bubble scheme to help pupils have a safe, active journey to school, you can apply for your free resource pack here.
These are funded by Durham County Council and are available to state schools within the local authority.
What’s in Your Pack?
Pack Contents for Primary Schools
Primary school pack contains: one medium size ‘Walking Bubble’ school gate banner and a ‘walk, scoot, cycle’ sticker for each pupil.
Pack Contents for Secondary Schools
How to Claim Your Pack
- Complete and press ‘Send’ to submit the form below with your school and contact details.
- You will receive a confirmation of your request and expected delivery date within 2 working days.
Current delivery time is approx 2 weeks but this is likely to increase during our busy period so please allow 3-4 weeks.
Using Your Pack
These packs are designed to supplement the Modeshift STARS Walking Bubble scheme to encourage safe, active travel to school.
- The banners can be attached to school fences where they will be most visible to parents.
- The stickers for primary schools have a very clear message and are ideal for following up an assembly about your walking bubble – pupils often ‘take the message home’ when they tell their parents what the sticker is about.
- The bunting for secondary schools can be used to draw attention to a launch week. It can be reused for any active travel/health event or initiative.
- Schools can register with Modeshift to download their own Walking Bubble map showing a 5-minute walk zone around the school. Visit www.modeshiftstars.org/staysafegetactive
- Organisers can also download template letters to parents and other resources to help explain and promote the scheme to school communities.
- The maps can be printed in school as A4 sheets or can be purchased separately from Brightkidz as A4 sheets or postcards – see below.
- Other Walking Bubble resources are available to purchase from Brightkidz in collaboration with Modeshift – see below.
Who Can Claim a Pack?
- This offer is for one pack per primary, secondary or SEN state school based in Durham County Council as it has been arranged and funded by the local authority.
- It does not cover nearby towns of Darlington, Stockton-on-Tees and Hartlepool as they are separate unitary authorities.
- Even if you can’t claim a pack, the good news is all schools in England outside London can register for the free downloadable resources at www.modeshiftstars.org/staysafegetactive
- Also all Modeshift Bubble resources are available for anyone to purchase direct from Brightkidz at www.brightkidz.co.uk/modeshiftstarsshop
Further Active Travel Resources From Brightkidz
- If you wish to purchase additional resources for your Walking Bubble or other active travel and road safety schemes, you can do so by placing an order via our website or getting in touch by email or phone. See our main contact form.
- Schools and local authorities can register with us – this enables you to order and be invoiced for payment, rather than pay online.
- Other resources in our Modeshift Walking Bubble range include: Walking Bubble launch pack, bollard covers, pavement stickers, car window stickers, outdoor stickers, paper flags, gazebo/pupil waiting shelter, safety cones, signage, postcard custom maps, A4 custom maps with more being added as needs arise.
Did You Know?
These Modeshift Walking Bubble resources are brought to you by us here at Brightkidz. We are a social enterprise and have been supporting schools and local authorities across the UK with their active travel and road safety schemes for over 17 years.
We have developed a strong relationship with Modeshift, the UK’s sustainable transport professional body. 10% of sales (ex vat) of Walking Bubble resources is passed to Modeshift which helps enable them to continue the good work they do supporting active travel. In addition, as a social enterprise, 100% of our profits are ploughed back into our own organisation to support active travel initiatives and resource development.
Q: I represent a school in Durham – how can I claim my free Walking Bubble pack?
A: Please complete and submit the form above.
Q: I’m from a school outside Durham County Council. How can I get and fund resources such as these?
A: You can purchase all and more of these resources directly from Brightkidz. They can be funded with PE and Sport premium funding or your local authority may be able to fund some. Visit www.brightkidz.co.uk/modeshiftstarsshop
Q: How can I download a Walking Bubble map for my school and find out more about the scheme?
Q: I work for a local authority. How can I set up an arrangement like this for my area?
A: Get in touch and we can discuss how we can help you with this.
Please email email@example.com and we will be very happy to help.
Featured Durham Schools
Would you like your Durham school’s Walking Bubble to be featured here? Send us a pic (with permission) and a couple of lines of text about your Walking Bubble and we’ll pick some to feature here.