How Brightkidz Can Help… Local Authorities
We’ve many years experience working with councils, police authorities, health authorities, fire and rescue, community safety teams and casualty reduction partnerships supporting active travel and road safety campaigns. And we’d love to help you with your campaigns too!
Find out about our great products for local authorities, quick quote request, easy ordering and excellent service reputation. Check out our initiatives information to help you to help the schools or organisations you work with. See examples of our pioneering projects and opportunities for your local authority to collaborate with us too.
Products to Help You
- Running a campaign? Get your message across with custom printed products featuring your logo – choose from our eye-catching custom printed range such as reflective clip-ons or our separate AT Promotions range of traditional promotional products. Or for last-minute event requirements see our ready-printed range of resources.
- Organising Cycle or Scooter training? Our range of cycle products help promote cycling and keep cyclists bright; our high vis waistcoats will keep trainees bright and our cycle and scoot packs are a great mix of reward goodies. Check out our range for those scooting.
- Supporting JRSOs or JTAs? The Junior Road Safety Officer scheme and Junior Travel Ambassador initiative are both great ways for pupils to promote safe, active travel to their peers. Many of our resources can be used to support and promote these schemes.
- Promoting walking to school? We’ve a unique range of packs to support walk to school initiatives such as Park and Stride and the Walking Bus.
All-Round Value to Help You
- Ordering large quantities? Most of our products also have discounts for larger quantities (10+ and 100+); these are shown clearly by each product description.
- Quick quote request? Let us know if you would like us to email you a formal quote for your campaign.
- Need to order? We can invoice your authority with 30 days credit (as long as a purchase order has been received, UK only) or take payment with order. See our FAQs for more information.
- Good to know: We give good social value too; Brightkidz is a social enterprise with all profits ploughed back to cover costs and help us improve the resources and information we provide.
Information to Help You
- Need creative activities for road safety education? See our Bright Activity Ideas with fun ways to teach children about being bright and seen; some science behind high vis, how to use it well and what the limitations are.
- Keen to promote walking to school? Encourage schools you work with to take part in a walk to school campaign or initiative, see our Walk to School information on how to start a walking bus, park and stride or other travel-related scheme… as well as how they can get publicity.
- Involved in cycle or scooter training? See our Cycle or Scoot section on training, bike maintenance, helmet safety and what to do with your bike when you no longer need it!
- Need inspiration for your events? Keep up to date with awareness days and walk/cycle/scoot/road safety initiatives with our blog and newsletter.
Projects and Collaborations to Help You
- ST:EPS Project – ‘Safer Travel: Enabling Primary Schools’. This is our local pilot project currently being run in Kettering, Northamptonshire (where Brightkidz is based) with funding from Central England Co-operative. The aim of ST:EPS projects is to work in partnership with local authorities to link schools to existing resources, develop new resources and draw in funding and engagement from businesses to promote safe, active travel. Read more here.
- Extending ST:EPS. We are in the process of extending our ST:EPS project to other local towns such as Corby in partnership with Corby Borough Council and local businesses. We are open to collaborating with other local authorities further afield once the impact assessment of the pilot project has been made. Resources developed from the project will also be made available on our website and publicised in our enewsletter.
- Air Quality workshops. We collaborated with MP Smarter Travel to help deliver the ‘active travel promotion’ element of an Air Quality workshop in Lewisham, London. Read more here.
- Previous project examples. In past years we have been funded to deliver projects such as our Be Bright Northants project with creative workshops around the theme of being bright and seen and Healthy Schools workshops in Hackney, London.
- Working with School Travel Professionals. Brightkidz is an active partner of Modeshift, the school travel professionals’ national organisation. We regularly deliver workshops and presentations at regional and national meetings. Alison Holland, Brightkidz Projects and Partnerships director was awarded ‘Individual Contribution to Sustainable Travel’ award at the Modeshift national conference 2018.
- Future Collaborations. We have some plans in the pipeline and look forward to working on more projects with local authority partners across the UK (and maybe beyond) – please get in touch if you would like to discuss this further.